Since significant spinal trauma can occur at birth and in the weeks thereafter which can sometimes upset the normal functioning of the spine, many parents have their newborns checked right away.
Spinal segments can be pushed out of place or jammed by the position of the baby in the womb or can suffer similar problems during labor from the trauma of the trip through the birth canal, or from the birthing process itself.
Just like the early evaluations your newborn receives at the hospital from hearing tests to vaccinations (whether you choose to do them or not) so too you should consider seeing a chiropractor for an early evaluation to treat any issues early on before they set into long-term conditions.
Reasons for Treating Newborns:
- Spinal Trauma often occurs during the birthing process.
- Positioning in the womb may jam the spine
- Proactively identify issues before they develop long-term conditions
- Sets your child up for a healthy beginning
- Highly effective against acid reflux and colic